IIIC Vision - Mission & Roles Responsibility
To improve the quality of technical education adequately to meet the needs of the Industry, society and economy. Technical education system should operate at optimum efficiency and should produce good quality engineers’ who will deliver quality product to employers. To optimize the deployment of physical and human resources of Institutions and Industries in the pursuit of development of technical manpower & to enlist participation of industry in technical education programs, with a view to have better interaction between Industries and Institute, Our Organization has started Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC).
Providing industry exposure to students to produce globally competent employable engineering graduates.
To provide industry technology education to meet the employability and entrepreneurship skill.
The objective of the IIIC is to bridge the gap between industry expectations and academic offerings by direct involvement of industry, to attain a symbiosis. Better interaction between Institutions and Industry is the need of the hour. It results in equipping faculty with latest practices and makes the students industry-ready by providing exposure to current industry practices, and hones their skills to adapt to changing technologies. For students it is important because they get an exposure to industry and subsequent placement in various disciplines. On the other hand, with the advent of globalization and opening up of Indian economy to the outside world, competition among industries has become stiff, so industries also need good resources, who are well aware of industry standards and capable of achieving it. Therefore, there is an urgent need for interaction of industry and academic institutions, by which, academic institutes can prepare students for jobs in industries and industry will also be benefited by the possibility of receiving a well-trained workforce.
ROLES of Industry-Institute Interaction Cell:
- To give industrial exposure to Faculty members and students, thus enabling them to tune their Knowledge to cope with the industrial culture
- To organize Workshop on trending technologies by experts in the field
- To assist the Departments in organizing workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the industries
- Encouraging Engineers from industries to visit institution to deliver lectures
- To organize industrial visits for Faculty members and students
- To coordinate/ identify industrial partners for proposing ‘Centre for Excellence’.
- To assist the Training and Placement Division
- Visits of industry executives and practicing engineers to the Institute for seeing research work and laboratories, discussions and delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends and experiences.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer
- Visits of faculty to industry for study and discussions or delivering lectures on subjects of mutual interest.
- Projects Sponsorship for students.
- Collaborative Programs with Industry.
- Industrial Training & Internship for Students.